Friday, February 5, 2010

Have You Read It?

If you haven't ever read A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers, you should. Go buy it. Or get it from the library. Something. Just read it.

I don't often cry from books, but even on my fifth or sixth reading of this one, which it is, I still cry at least seven different times. The characters are so perfectly real and alive that you feel as if you are reading an account of true events rather than a work of fiction. Not just true events, but events that happened to a dear friend, which is what Haddassah, Marcus, and even Julia, terrible, petulant Julia, become as you read the book. I know the end of the story, which comes in the second book, An Echo in the Darkness, but I still cry at the end of VITW. It gets me every single time.

So yes. Read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment