Monday, March 22, 2010

Domestic Worry

My sweet husband, who is equal parts patient, kind, strong and a veritable laugh riot, has an MRI this Wednesday.

They are checking for a tumor. Or an Alien invader, which, after reading The Host, doesn't seem that unlikely to me.

When he mentioned the word tumor, I burst into immediate tears, causing B, who is nine months old and does most of the crying around these parts, to stare at me like I'd lost my mind. He followed the "T" word with the word Benign, which, admittedly, he should have led with, but c'est la vie.

According to the doctor, my husband has either a benign tumor pressing on his inner ear, or Menier's Disease. Menier's, however, is a rather horrifying way to live life, has no cure, and would eventually rob my musician husband of his hearing in the affected ear. A tumor in that particular area is relatively easy to remove and would leave few lasting affects.

At the moment, and with the above info in mind, we're quietly chanting "Come on, Tumor!"

I have peace at the moment, after much prayer throughout the whole of last week and this weekend. I know that whatever the outcome, God will take care of us, as he always has. I also know that my God is a god of miracles, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't praying for one.

If you are my reader, and you pray, please do. I'm unsure what to ask you to pray for. A tumor? Healing? A miracle?

My mother, I think, put it the best when she said "We'll pray that he will be well"

I couldn't have said it better, I think.

1 comment:

  1. He is in my prayers as are you. Let us know how it goes.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete